Killin' bugs part 2


Last summer, after we had been married just 2 months, Grant and I both got a job offer working for Ecoshield pest control. We moved to Texas and spend the summer there working. See more here! After the summer ended, we both agreed that it was a good experience, but we didn't want to do that ever again! haha. 

Well, this summer rolled around and somehow we are in Colorado selling pest control again, but for a different company! We love it! Grant only works about 5 hours a day and spends the whole morning and early afternoon with me! Grant is so good at what he does and has learned and improved so much from last year...and he's so handsome!



I love going with him to work. I'm his little shadow and companion all day, but I let him do all the selling. My job is to make friends with the wives, I can do that! But in all honestly, Grant likes to bring me because I lighten the mood and people are a lot kinder when he has his wife with him. "Hi, my name's Grant and this is my wife Katie..." And I like him to bring me because he takes me out to lunch ;)



 Memories to remember :: 

-It is a buggy place...I think we each have about 15 mosquito bites all over our bodies. (I have 4 on my forehead!)

-We laugh when Grant sells adamant neighbors with the "no soliciting" signs!

-When people talk in Spanish, thinking that we don't understand what they're saying, but little do they know, we know exactly what they are saying! ha-ha! 

-It rains every afternoon/evening around 4-5pm. Last night, we saw a full rainbow!

-This is seriously a faith building job. It is so similar to a mission. You create goals and ways to accomplish your goals throughout the day. Sometimes in a day, you go out and get a few sells, but sometimes you get a lot! We have learned that we have to pray for help, go out and work, and put our trust in Heavenly Father to help. Then we make sure to give thanks every night.

-I admire him because he never gives up. Even after knocking door after door, and receiving no after no, he is still so positive, happy, and just keeps pushing on. I see it first hand and it is awesome!

-Grant is a numbers guy! Every night after work, he comes home, lays on the bed, and will be calculating numbers for 10 minutes trying to see how many he has to sell to meet his goal. He is so driven!

-In Grant's sells pitch, he name drops a lot. Yesterday, it was so funny because one of the neighbors was joking around seeing if he knew so and so...and Grant did! He knows the whole neighborhood! Last night, someone was saying that when he is going to leave his knocking area, it's going to be like leaving an area in the mission because you know everyone! Ain't that the truth!?

No comments