Some REALLY Good News Amongst a Crazy World!

The world has been going crazy lately and it is definitely apparent that we are in the last days! The Coronavirus has taken over the world it seems. I can't pinpoint the time when the world changed for everyone. The virus started out as not a big deal, but just in the past week and a half, everyone has gone into complete quarantine! Cities have closed, stores have been emptied, colleges and local schools have shut down, everyone has been sent home, the MBA and all sports seasons have been cancelled. The craziest thing is even church in our church buildings has been temporarily suspended- all because of this virus! Utah even had a big earthquake on Tuesday and Moroni's trumpet fell off of the Salt Lake City temple. The people are going CRAZY and it is insane to witness. Over and over, I keep thinking how grateful I am to have a living prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, who continues to guide us. My testimony has been rooted more deeply that he is truly a living prophet who receives revelation for our day. How cool is it that just last year, we began the home-study of "Come Follow Me" as a worldwide church? Last October conference, President Nelson said how this year, 2020, it will be the bi-centennial year of the First Vision. He also mentioned that this April conference will be "different from any previous conference." We had no idea how life would unfold in these last 6 months when church is canceled and no one is able to travel to conference because of this whole Coronavirus! 


So, Grant and I are doing our best to be prepared. Along with everyone else, we went grocery shopping to stock up on food last Thursday. I am making it more of a goal to be more prepared with our family food storage for future times. We have never seen the big grocery stores this empty! Also, there is a HUGE shortage of toilet paper!




The gyms are closed, so Grant and I have taken our workouts outside to Freestone Park. Everyone is outside spending quality family time. Whenever something bad happens, the good always outweighs the bad. As a society, we are finally able to focus on what matters most and just slow down while we are all quarantined. Luckily life has not changed too much for Grant and I. He works from home for Graphic Products and I'm still teaching piano lessons in my student's homes. 



On another note...we had a very exciting phone call yesterday, March 19th!!! I heard my phone ring, and I picked it up and it was New Direction, our fertility clinic, calling me! I knew they were calling me with the results of the genetic testing of our 10 little embryos. I hurried and answered the phone. Nicole, our nurse, was on the other line and asked me if this was a good time to talk. It was perfect timing because Grant was just walking through the door from a few notary signings. She told us that out of the 10 embryos that were tested, 7 (possibly 8) of them survived with the correct number of chromosomes!!! We were (and are) THRILLED! That was way more than we were expecting. She then asked us if we wanted to know the genders of our little babies! Of course we said, "YES!" She said that we have 5 BOYS and 2 GIRLS! I could cry just thinking about it as I type this. We could not believe it. What a blessing and a huge tender mercy. The BOYds definitely know how to make boys! haha. Everything has seemed to fall into place so well with this whole IVF experience. I just love those little boys and girls so much and I think about them all day long now. They are our little miracles and we have been praying for our embryos every day during this whole process. We have no words, except complete gratitude. We asked Nicole about their feelings on multiples and they said that it is completely up to us. It looks like we have some major praying and pondering to do until our transfer date in April. We then called my parents, Grant's parents, and Grandma and Grandpa Dayley to tell them the wonderful news!!! They were all so happy! 

7 BABIES!!?!? Can this even be real!? 5 BOYS and 2 GIRLS!!!



After we hung up with our nurse, we knelt and said a little prayer of gratitude and to also ask Heavenly Father for guidance and direction to know which gender of the little babes need to be sent to our family right now. We are still seeking that personal revelation, but we know it will come. I just can't stop thinking about our 5 little boys and 2 little girls!

No comments