Defenders of Marriage


Not only have our modern day prophets been able to see the changing values in the world, but our ancient prophets have as well. The Apostle Paul foresaw our circumstances and in 2 Timothy 3:1-5, he said, “In the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, . . . despisers of those that are good, and lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God.” I love what President Nelson said when he spoke about how we are living in perilous times! Life will certainly not be comfortable for the followers of Jesus Christ. We know the truth and we need not be a comfortable Christian. Because we know the truth, in these last days, we need to be defenders of marriage.

Being a defender of marriage is something that I am very passionate about. I know that there are other people who have different beliefs than I do. I look to the Savior as an example in this situation. He went about doing good and served those around him. He loved everyone, even those who had different beliefs and values. We are taught to love the sinner unconditionally, but hate the sin.

I know that our Heavenly Father is an unchanging God. I know that he loves us, and we can show him that we love him by keeping his commandments. His laws and commandments never change, even though the world is changing ever so quickly. Ever since the beginning of time, from Adam and Eve to today, we have potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We are commanded to multiply and replenish the earth and you can only do that by husbands and wives-mothers and fathers. I know this to be true with all of my heart.

No comments