Week one = Accomplished!

We survived the first week of shots and lots of doctor's appointments! Hallelujah! Lots has been happening! I had a really great week and was feeling pretty good each day. I would get exhausted at night, but other than that I wasn’t feeling too horribly. I had an ultrasound and blood draw on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Each day they would check the follicles and measure their size to make sure they were growing well. 

Here are some highlights of the week:

-We do our morning shots at 8:30am and our evening shots at 8:30pm, exactly 12 hours apart. Monday night, which was Day 2 of shots, Grant had a notary signing and he wasn't going to be home until 10pm from work. That meant he wasn't going to be able to give me my evening shot. I was feeling too anxious and nervous to give myself the shot, so...mom to the rescue!!! I called my mom and asked her if she would be able to come over and give me the shot and she was over in a jiffy. I'm so thankful for her and for her support! I'm sure she never thought she would be giving her own child a shot! 




-I really treasure good friendships that don't require a lot of effort. I consider my cousins some of my greatest friends and no matter where we go in life, I know that we will always be close. These are the messages that I got from them this week...



-I've been feeling pretty good lately! In my mind, I imagined this whole shot process to be a lot worse than it actually is. I thought that I would be a lot more hormonal, but to my surprise, I feel pretty normal. Wednesday, February 26th, was my only rough day this week. Like I've mentioned before, I've struggled with finding my purpose in life. I felt so self-consumed, which I don't like at all. Grant came home for lunch and while I was fixing him his lunch, I just burst into tears talking about everything that is going on in my brain. He listened to me and gave me a big hug. We decided to lay on the bed and I continued to talk while he just listened. We both came to the conclusion that we need to serve more and look outside ourselves. Grant worked from home the rest of the afternoon and I took a long hour and a half nap before I had to go teach piano. It felt good. Afterward, I prayed for opportunities to serve and you know what? They have come! That night, we fed the sister missionaries and I'm bringing dinner another night to our neighbor who just had a baby. I am always in awe at the power of service and how that can be a bright spot in our lives. 

-At my ultrasound on Tuesday, Dr. Amols wasn't too happy with how my eggs have progressed-which worried me a little bit. He increased my Follistim dose to 300 (it was at 225) and kept my Menopur the same at 75. We also added another shot in the morning called Ganirelix which prevents ovulation. He said that we should be ready for the egg retrieval next Wednesday or Thursday! I currently have 11 mature eggs and 4 eggs behind those.

-Along with the ultrasounds every other day, they do some blood work to check my levels. I'm learning to be really tough with needles because there's a student that draws the blood at the doctor's and...I have really small veins. That equals trouble!

At the doctor's ultrasound appointment on Saturday, Feb 29---leap day!

-On Saturday, Grant and I rode our bikes a street away from where we live to Downtown Gilbert. It was a fun little date eating our Topo burrito. I will never be able to express enough how much I love this man. We make a great team and I love how he supports me and loves me. He literally makes me feel like Superwoman going through IVF.


-We ended the day with some sealings at the temple. It's amazing the peace and comfort that comes from being there.


-When doing our morning shot routine this morning before church, we turned on cute baby videos to motivate us that this will hopefully be our outcome soon!!! This is a big week and luckily today is Fast Sunday. We have so many family and friends fasting and praying for us and for our miracle baby.

ANOTHER WEEK...HERE WE GOOOOO!!!

No comments